Pages

Monday 14 March 2011

And as if by magic .....

Here I am again with more progress photos!   I am slowly but surely getting back into a regular stitching thing, and try hard to spend even half an hour in the evenings no matter how long the work day has been.  I spent this past weekend stitching instead of gardening - well what else is there to do when there is snow around (I know it didn't last that long but shhhhh no need to tell anyone!!!) and managed to get a fair bit done on this past week's Crazy Challenge project.

However, the previous week's Challenge was "The Lady of Shalott" by Teresa Wentzler.  This is really turning out to be a labour of love for me.  I started it on Midsummer's Day 2003 after several false starts including putting the fabric onto the scroll frame the wrong way lol!  Later that day when I called round to mum's for tea we heard that her closest friend's son had died in a house fire that day - so you see, this particular date has got bittersweet memories.   I started the project as a SAL with a now defunct Yahoo group and to be honest I think I am the only one still working on her (using the term "working" in the loosest possible sense lol).  Anyway here she is as of 7th March - I felt as I had done loads but somehow it doesn't look like that does it?  She is now firmly back in my rotation and I am determined that I will at least get off this page!!

On to last week's Crazy project which is "Christmas Carols" by Country Cottage Needleworks.  In contrast to "Lady of Shalott" this one is working up really quickly and since I managed to sneak a whole weekend of stitching thanks to the rather inclement weather I got more done that I had hoped.  Hopefully this will only take one more rotation to finish - well I need to catch up on all those people who have managed to finish one or more of their Crazy Challenges!

This week's Challenge is "Free Spirits" which is another of my longstanding projects and the one I was working on when I discovered that stitching and morphine aren't a good combination lol (I started it in hospital after major surgery).  Look out for an update next week.

I shall be popping off down to Yorkshire and Cheshire for a little rest (orders of my boss) at the end of the month but I shall keep you all posted with updates and I have even worked out which project(s) is(are) going with me. 

Thanks for stopping by and for all your lovely comments as always.  Its nice to know that there are people out there interested enough to leave an encouraging message. 

Take care all - see you  next week!

Love and hugs,

Ally xxxx

12 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo I can see progress on the onion lady ;) and oooo what projects ??? am I allowed to know before hand ??? love mouse xxxx

chris said...

I think that LADY is going to be beautiful such lovely colours already..
Happy stitching

Hugs Chris x
A newbie in the stitching group

Unknown said...

I love the colors on your Lady. She will be beautiful when finished. I'm thinking that my Lady Scarlet's Journey must have been started in 2003 too because I remember when you started this one and it was around the same time I think. Maybe I should get back to it....

Crystal said...

Your lady is beautiful and I love your other projects.

blueladie said...

Lovely work Ally. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. :) Cathryn

Mylene said...

Both WIP's are looking beautiful.

Val said...

Lovely work and progress Ally x

Sunshine said...

Nice update. I look forward to seeing your progress on your rotations.

PennyB said...

I love the colors in your Lady. She's going to be beautiful. Glad to hear you're getting back to sneaking in a few stitches again.

DJ said...

Hi Ally! Wonderful stitching on your Lady, there, and the colors are fabulous! You are really burning through the Christmas Carol piece too! Hope you are feeling better soon and good luck with your new project! *hugs*

Joy said...

Woohoo!! Great progress on both pieces! Looking forward to seeing Onion Lady grow.

Joy said...

Looking good Ally!!